We Treat Damp Proofing Walls in Johannesburg:
Water can cause damp in walls:
There are many ways water could saturate house walls mainly from ground water saturating the walls from the bottom up, damp proofing refers to ways of solving wet walls when the source can not be stopped or is to expensive to stop.
This is the plinth area below floor level on the exterior house walls. In the old style of building there was face brick at the bottom of the wall ( below the internal floor level) and plaster above floor level. This is a solution to allow water under the floor of the house to escape through the exterior face brick as a means of evaporation. Now days the builders don’t use expensive face bricks, they plaster to the exterior ground level without taking the precautions! The result is blistering paint as the water tries to escape.
To repair damp proofing walls:
- Strip plaster from effected areas exposing the raw brick
- Block brush on a slurry mixture of sand and cement and waterproofing chemicals on to the raw bricks
- Re-plaster the wall using plaster key making the plaster extremely hard
- When dry soak wall with a water repellant technology
Peace of mind with 15 years experience in damp proofing:
- Rising Damp up from the floor from a burst geyser,
- Burst water pipe or leaking gravity feed grey wast water pipe like shower, bath, hand wash basin or kitchen sink..
- Punctured DPC plastic under the concrete floor slab from Termites, incorect injection processes, Construction or decomposition..
- Stop the water ingress, please phone Paul for an assessment,
- Remove this Rotten Bubbling Plaster by exposing the bricks,
- Then waterproof the bricks with Cement – latex – mix (our own house brand of waterproof ingredient fine tuned over the last 20 years – registered 2001) and adjusted to match your requirements where under ground walls like Retaining Walls and Cellar would need a combination of coats with cure-time in-between applications for use with non-activated cement systems,
- Re-plaster either to match the existing texture or Rhino-lite finish (here we sell a flawless invisible repair) tailored to your requirements,
- Finished with undercoats and paint to match surrounding walls.
Before and after of a wall inside a car garage: